Timings: 09:00 – 15:00
Venue: Bradford College, Trinity Road, Bradford BD5 0BE
After you attend the course you will:
- Improve your current understanding and knowledge of the rules of the game
- Understand the requirements for the Netball Europe C Award
- Improve your umpiring skills by identifying/observing and penalising infringements of the rules
- Be able to demonstrate how positioning, movement and vision impacts on an umpire’s performance
- Begin to develop an awareness of when it is appropriate to playing advantage
- Have an awareness of Contact v Contest
- Understand the importance of Game Management for control and discipline
Pre-requisites: Age 14+ You must be currently affiliated to England Netball to attend the course. The course is aimed at people who are serious about wanting to pursue the officiating pathway and become an umpire; it is not a rules forum.
Although umpiring experience is not a requirement you may find it useful to try and gain some experience of umpiring (at team/club/school training sessions) prior to attending the course.
Delegates must come prepared with a pen, paper, and a whistle. There will be a practical session where you will be expected to umpire so please dress appropriately.
£40 payable via BACS on confirmation of acceptance to the course to WYCNA.
Yorkshire Bank Sort Code: 05-00-58 Account No: 64208529
Tutor: Rachael Cole and Emma Lee
Refreshments: None provided.
EN 'C' Award Pathway including Course Booking Form.
Return to: Kirsty Woodhouse
WYCNA Officiating Lead
Closing date for entry: Friday 5th June, 2020