Timings: 09:00 – 15:00
Venue: Woodhouse Grove School, Apperley Bridge, Bradford, BD10 0NR
After you attend the course you will:
- Improve your current understanding and knowledge of the rules of the game
- Understand the requirements for the Netball Europe C Award
- Improve your umpiring skills by identifying/observing and penalising infringements of the rules
- Be able to demonstrate how positioning, movement and vision impacts on an umpire’s performance
- Begin to develop an awareness of when it is appropriate to playing advantage
- Have an awareness of Contact v Contest
- Understand the importance of Game Management for control and discipline
Although umpiring experience is not a requirement you may find it useful to try and gain some experience of umpiring (at team/club/school training sessions) prior to attending the course.
Delegates must come prepared with a pen, paper, and a whistle there will be a practical session where you will be expected to umpire so please dress appropriately.
Cost:£40 payable via BACS on confirmation of acceptance to the course to WYCNA.
Yorkshire Bank Sort Code: 05-00-58 Account No: 64208529
Tutor: Rachael Cole & Karen Smith
Refreshments: None provided.
EN 'C' Award Pathway including Course Booking Form.
Return to: Kirsty Woodhouse
WYCNA County Umpiring Representative
Closing date for entry: Friday 24th May